Thursday, May 23, 2013

My hopes and feelings




Mother Nature can be a nasty and unforgiving beast at times, what we need to remember is that she was here long before us and we are just tagging along for the ride. In a tweet that I had posted earlier in the week I had stated “The best of humanity shows up in the worst situations”. This tweet was inspired by the outpouring of support for the people in Oklahoma who have lost lives and everything that they own due to a tornado. The stories of bravery, heroism and the will to survive touched me deeply and I wanted to make sure that the thousands of people that helped and will continue to help are recognized for their efforts. From the rubble came amazing stories of survival and proof that positive thinking can work. Here is one of those stories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvaCarPq2O8.
You have all heard it before “ all lesbians play rugby and look like men” all gay men are into putting up curtains and shopping for candles and potpourri” “ all blondes are dumb” “ all african americans eat chicken and watermelon” So much hate and racism in this world, it’s at times hard to watch the news or carry a conversation with some people. Stereotyping people can cause irreparable damage and needs to stop. NOH8 . I would also like to just say how disgusted with the actions of a couple of men in England this week. I have a very hard time understanding the HATE that is exploding all around our world right now. Boston, England, Syria, Iraq ………… and even in our own back yards. To all the people that practice some sort of religion in your lives,  I applaud your efforts to bridge the gap from here to the next life and beyond. For the people that like to blame all Muslims for the actions of a few, it is time that you educate yourselves to the Muslim religion. The Muslims for the most part are caring and peace loving people. I am not Muslim but I do take offense to the generalization on social media, news and TV when they state that a terrorist is Muslim, this paints the entire religion with the same brush. These people are RADICALS who happen to be Muslims. I do not want to get political as this is not a forum for that, also I am not educated enough on politics to speak on the subject but I can offer my feelings. “We should all become more educated on the atrocities of the world and focus our energy on understanding why the violence is happening and how WE as a people can find ways to stop it”.
Now that that is done, thank you for letting me air my feelings on that subject. I wanted to just speak on some positive news. Donations for the disabled and Mental Health BBQ are starting to come in and I am so full of gratitude to those who have come forward so far and to those that will in the future. This event is a special time on my calendar each year besides Christmas and milestones with Mrs. Santa and the kids; they obviously come first in my life. Currently the countdown is on 76 more donations to go !!! I know that we can do this Vancouver and the world. Once again items that we are looking for are simple
Shirts
Hats
Key chains
Costume jewelry
Soaps and bath products for the clients male and female, anything to do with personal hygiene.
Tickets to sporting events as some of our clients love to watch but have never had the opportunity to see a game live
Anything that companies or people can afford to give. I know that times are hard but as a Team we can make this happen. Here is a list of donors so far please follow them and thank them for their commitment to their communities and to the less fortunate that live among us.
@sunrise_toyota , @vancanadians , @angelasenger2 @tartsntattoos @choiceZnewZ @telus
Amazing people , I want to add more people to this list and show the world just how much you care
Thanks everyone , each RT you give for the cause brings us one step closer to creating 112 smiles all at once
Be kind to each other and be safe
@fvsecretsanta

No comments:

Post a Comment