Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Letter from Santa


 

 

 To my friends around the world:

Every year on Christmas Eve I take some time to look back on what has happened in my life over the last year and what special events have taken place with my children and my wife. Its been an emotional year on many fronts.  There have been sickness and loss of loved ones. We have seen new additions to our family in the form of a rescued Chihuahua from the streets of Las Vegas named Astro. From career changes, launching of FVsecretsanta.com and many more events  I am happy to say that through inevitable change the constant remains, love, and the Santa family have a lot of it.  I also like to reflect on the world events that have shaped our landscape and the way that we live our daily lives. I as like so many others find myself questioning the human spirit at times , watching each day as violence escalates around the world and even right here at home in our own back yards. I believe that we have come to a tipping point in history that is about to be written.  Working together we all have a chance to tip the scales in a positive direction and bring back a renewed sense of hope and resilience. We need to stop preying on the weak, harming our fellow men and women and senselessly taking human life while believing  that equality matters and standing up for those who are down is something that will make us all successful.   This world needs our help starting one person at a time and I am ok if it was to start with me. I know there are so many good people trying to do the same and I applaud you for your efforts, we will make and be the change we want to see in the world. In the end it will not matter to anyone the color of your skin, where you live, how much you have or don’t have, or what God you have chosen as your guide ,we  all started out on this earth and will end our time with one common theme, we took our first and last breath the exact same way. I try and do my best to help others for the simplest of reasons, I am no more special than anyone else! So why shouldn’t I help those in need to experience the joys of this life that have been brought to me. I may not  have a much, more than some and less than others  but I am very fortunate to be surrounded by so much love, why not share it. I will never be a huge mega star or even be a house hold name and nor do I want to be that's why I remain a SecretSanta , but what I do inspire to be, is an inspiration.

 I have some ideas on fundraising for the coming year and hopefully they will be more successful than this year’s events have been, I know that times are hard all around but I do see things improving. This year we have been able to send packages to places as far away as Australia, Spain, Italy, England, Mexico, USA and Canada. We have given away IPads , Christmas Trees , Wristbands , Light blocks , Food for food banks , Money for animal shelters , clothes for the homeless , tickets for sporting events, gift cards and many more items.  I love when someone gets a package and posts the pictures to the internet and shares Fraser Valley Secret Santa and Team Santa with the world, it allows more people to experience a random act of kindness.

I try my best to do what I can all year long to help people out, unfortunately I can’t help everyone. With FVsecretsanta.com up and running, the creation of a new Facebook page growing and Twitter now closing in on 25,000 followers hopefully there will be someone or some organization that will want to join alongside Santa and continue to perform even more random acts of kindness around the world, raise money for local food banks and animal shelters  to make sure that no one ever goes hungry while trying to make people smile a little bit more because as Mrs. Santa says “you can’t cry if you are smiling”.
I hope that you will continue to follow along with FV Secret Santa all year long because the giving will continue  

From the Santa Family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas, a safe prosperous New Year filled with love and smiles. 

Santa , Mrs. Santa , B,A,T and Astro, Eva

 

No comments:

Post a Comment