Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dream BIG


To know that I have now opened myself up to the lower mainland and the world is kind of a scary situation, I knew that when I took @FvSecretSanta public I would be in for ridicule, hostility and most of all doubt! This is the reason that I post all the drops that happen and provide Photos for people to see. I want people to know that if I could help everyone that that needed help I would. This is why I do this Secret Santa thing, I want more people to join in and help and who want to be there for a total stranger and for their community wherever that may be.  I do not play favorites I do not choose people that I know for gift surprises, I simply try and make as many people smile as I can. When I revealed to a friend of mine that I was trying to get the number of followers so high that maybe I could make a difference in people’s lives by encouraging donations of  time, food, money or a smile, he plainly said to me “you will never do it people just don’t care about anything but themselves, I would be surprised if you got to 500, I bet you 100 bucks you don’t” I am not so worried about my numbers anymore, as soon as  I DO get to 500 that $100 will be taken straight to the BC Children’s Hospital. I see too much good in people that I know we can get there.
Drops made / Community events
  • ·         Tim Horton’s cards to the ARH
  • ·         Weekly staple of purchasing a person’s beverage in a drive thru line up
  • ·         Donation to the SHARE food bank food drive in Pinetree village
  • ·         Paws for a cause was this week and we ALL helped to promote that event
  • ·         Calgary city food bank had its annual food drive –promoted
I wanted to make mentions of people and places that have helped Santa along the way. I wish I could name them all, but that is what I try and do with my “ALWAYS FOLLOW” at the beginning of each day. Follow these people and show them that you appreciate their hard work in helping.
·         @mukmuk069
·         @tweet_vector
·         @gypsy_mamma
·         @sweetestnagel
·         @ @EnergyWorks333
·         @FMSPCA
·         @ModernSECalgary
·         @C_o_l_e_K
·         @KyleGarbitt
·         @Ronb93
These are just a few of the many, if I have missed you I am sorry and I will be promoting all of you as I go along.
The last thing that I wanted to add was, as you may have seen me post there is a young woman who has recently had a diagnosis of MS in my cul-de-sac. This woman is 30 years old and recently delivered a baby at 26 weeks, the baby is doing great after a medical mishap took his right forearm and is now 6 months old. If this woman is as strong as her baby I know that she will do all she can to defeat and win in her fight. This family has been through enough this year. The father and husband is a local Fireman in Aldergrove who risks his life every day to make our world a safer place. I will be promoting the MS societies of the world and I ask that you do too. There are so many people suffering from this horrible and debilitating disease that we have to somehow find a cure to minimize the loss of life. This baby needs his mom. Please send her your positive thoughts and hope for a cure one day!
Thank you everyone it’s been a good week.
Now let’s get to 500 for charity #jumponthesantatrain

1 comment: