Friday, June 5, 2015

TURN UP THE HEAT


 

With the summer months upon us the thought of Christmas, giving and the joyous season inevitably becomes a distant memory and gets pushed to the back of all of our minds, how can it not when it’s camping, boating and shorts weather .though my mind is always geared towards Christmas I respect the fact that most people could do without it. So here is a few summer things that we can do to make a difference.

#1 On my list is children’s safety.

So often you hear stories about children drowning in a backyard pool, falling from balconies or being left in a hot car while parents shop or run an errand. TBH what the **** are you thinking? keep a close eye on your children . I know kids can be speedy and deceptive when outside , ACCIDENTS HAPPEN , but in a car ? The temperature inside of a car can rise to 170 degrees in a matter of minutes, as the case this past week when a woman , school teacher in Ontario left her child in the car while she went into teach for the day and the child died after 8.5 hours alone in the hot car ?????????? I can see leaving a cup of coffee or your purse on the top roof your car and driving away , lets be honest I think most of us have done that at some point, but really a child ?  This to me is absolutely unforgivable. And this was a person responsible for teaching our children.

#2 Pets and the heat

Once again this has to do with the summer heat and people who think that pets belong in the car when it’s hot out. I actually read an article this week that stated a man got charged with vandalism for smashing a car window to rescue an animal in distress, for me I would have given him an award for having the compassion for a living creature that he saved from certain death and suffering. I would have done the same thing as I know most of you would also. It’s a shame. leave your pets at home , they don't miss going to the grocery store or the mall as much as you may think.

#3    Self care

We all get caught up in having fun at the beach, waterpark or in the yard working. Please take the time to make sure that you are keeping well hydrated, NO! a strict ice cold beer schedule does not count as proper hydration (it should though). Sunscreen on children is a given but don’t forget about you. One thing that I do every summer is buy a case of water and leave it in my car and make sure that when I see anyone  who is out in the sun and looking  parched I will hand them a bottle to cool down  . A $3.00 case of water may just be the difference someone needs to avoid dehydration, sunstroke or the inability to get home to loved ones at the end of the day .

 

PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR ANIMALS AND THINK OF OTHERS  

Have a great safe summer .

OH YAH!!!!!

WATCH FOR ICE COLD GIVEAWAYS THIS SUMMER FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK FOR DETAILS . YOU CAN FIND A LINK ON

 

WWW.FVSECRETSANTA.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment