Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines Day

Ahhh another holiday upon us , the corporate world telling us that the only way possible to show someone that you love them is by showering them with lavish gifts , cards from the store and way too over priced flowers that are sold on every corner. Did I buy a card? . YES did I buy flowers? Of course but I bet you if I would have written on the chalkboard in the kitchen "I LoveYou" it would have just as much impact. Just like at Christmas it's not the cost , not what you buy ,it about the expression of feelings towards the ones who mean the most to you. I still remember the day that I knew I had met the woman of my dreams, feeling down due to the ending of a relationship and hating women and the world , a friend dragged me to the bar to get out from the house. Minding my own business, drinking rye and ginger like it was Gatorade, I started shaking my head at a girl walking by that was wearing those "Chewbacca" fuzzy hairy boots ( They really were horrible boots). I guess  the head shake did not go un-noticed because I was approached by another woman who was smiling and laughing at my reaction to the boots. When I saw her I could not take my eyes off of her amazing smile, you know when you see in movies that everything slows down and almost seems in slow motion? That's how it felt, that's how it still feels almost 8 years later. I know sappy stuff huh , it's not quite "The Notebook" and it's definitely not "Baywatch" slow but you get the idea. Mrs Santa has given me 3 beautiful children and I am positive they got their beautiful looks from her. I honestly couldn't have  imagined the life I have now 8 years ago but I can imagine life without Mrs Santa and my 3 amazing children. Sure we have struggled through adversity , family issues , financial issues the sickness of our family members and children and even death but one thing we haven't done is give up on each other and the love we have. What I hope for all of you reading this or not is to someday find that one person or have already found that one person that is a key piece to your hearts puzzle. Happy Valentines Day everyone

1 comment:

  1. Well said big guy! All the best to you & your family.
    @CoESparky

    ReplyDelete