Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dealing with Change



Change
Everyone at one point or another will experience change, it’s inevitable. How you deal with the change is completely up to you.
I have always thought that if you work hard and prove yourself the direction of your life will be just as you planned. I am learning now that this is not the case. Over the past few months I have been put in a position where I have to make a life choice regarding change. The hardest part, knowing that I have done all that I could but no matter what I do I will not be able to hang on to this job that I have and absolutely love. I know that this change is not common knowledge in the workplace at this point and I should not be talking about it but its weighing heavy on my mind. If you know Santa please don't say anything as I don't want to end my position earlier than it needs too. :)
 Knowing that my job will be ending hit me very hard in the past weeks , I have found myself letting my mind wander and beat myself up thinking what  more could I have done? The answer I found was “Nothing”! I have given my all and the issues of funding cuts and changes in policy have Zero to do with me.
I have decided that I will hit the ground running in my possible new position within the company and get myself back into a positive state and possibly  have a job that I love and will continue to carry on what I do! but who knows I might even do it better.
Can I honestly look myself in the mirror and ask the question “did you give 100% to your profession and the people you have been in trusted to help on your case list”? “Are my clients better off now than when I met them”?  The answer is YES!!!! Not to be conceded, but I am good at my job and I can take with me the fact that I did make a difference in people’s lives while I was here. And that was my whole goal when I started.
 There are so many positions in Healthcare that I can transition to; it’s just a matter of getting in that’s all.  I will guarantee, I will knock down every door until I do. I have not let this experience get me down and I will not let this define who I am or the work that I set out to do.
I am trying to deal with this change with decorum, dignity and poise, and most of all preserving my own self-respect! All the things that I have been preaching to my clients for so many years.
I will miss so many of them when the time comes, after a while they become family, I cannot conform to being a robot and shutting down feelings when it comes to people who have had Brain injuries, born with FASD , or those who are mired in a world that can’t be explained having Mental illness. All that I have described are people just like you or me but when I think back on all of the changes that these people suffer on a daily basis in their bodies with government funding or lack of resources, changes in workers.  a new Job is not so bad and I must sound trivial in being upset, unfortunately I am human.
Change is how you deal with it.!
Thank everyone for all of your support 

No comments:

Post a Comment